Obstetric and Gynaecological Ultrasound is a highly illustrated manual ideal for both the trainee and experienced sonographer that covers the full range of obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound examinations undertaken within a secondary referral setting. It combines the practicalities of how to perform these examinations with the information needed to interpret the findings and construct a clinically useful report.
The new edition of this well-established book expands its scope to provide an understanding of ultrasound imaging within the clinical management of the gynaecological patient. Elsewhere, its obstetric content has been fully updated with the latest technological, clinical and medico-legal information relevant to routine practice. Furthermore, its experienced sonographer authors continue to advise on the practical aspects of scanning as well as the role, value and limitations of ultrasound in the diagnosis of different diseases thus providing firm foundations in both obstetric and gynaecological imaging.
- Explains the principles of grey scale ultrasound, Doppler ultrasound and instrumentation
- Addresses problems from both practical and clinical viewpoints
- Provides comparative images showing results of good and bad scanning techniques
- Advises on how to communicate findings to a pregnant woman or gynaecological patient
- Discusses both the normal and abnormal ultrasound appearances for each of the relevant anatomical areas together