This boxed set of all eight volumes of the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides surgeons in higher training and those wanting an update with a practical reference source of the most current information on recent developments, the latest management issues and operative procedures in each of the major sub-specialties. The series is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based data. The eight volumes are written and produced to a very tight schedule allowing these aspirations to be met.
In order to meet the increasing interest in Evidence-Based Medicine the authors have cited wherever available the meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials, systematic literature reviews and observational studies and have identified key references within the text that support evidence-based practice. Test sections and references are highlighted using a ‘scalpel code’ to indicate the presence of evidence for the interventional procedures under discussion.
The titles in the series are:
Core Topics in General and Emergency Surgery
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- A templated approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
- Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
New to this Edition
- Now presented in colour throughout.
- Includes colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout the text.
- Comprehensively updated with particular reference to the evidence-based content of each chapter.
- A stylish new text design enhances the presentation of the text throughout the series.
The eight titles in the boxed set are:
- Core Topics in General and Emergency Surgery
- Oesophagogastric Surgery
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Transplantation Surgery
By Simon Paterson-Brown, MB, BS, MPhil, MS, FRCS(Edinburgh), FRCS, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Clinical and Surgical Sciences (Surgery), University of Edinburgh and Consultant General and Upper Gatrointestinal Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK