For most dermatological conditions several treatment and/or management options are available, making the situation even more complicated. Small Animal Dermatology is a handy reference for these cases and encourages the practitioner to pursue a definitive diagnosis and plan effective management even if the condition can not be cured.
An innovative approach by Anita Patel and Peter Forsythe with the contribution of Stephen Smith for the avian and exotics; the book covers main complaints of specific sites. After a brief summary highlighting the important features of each group of diseases, several “real” clinical cases are described in detail. The last part of the book contains several useful appendices and 45 multiple choice questions (and their solutions!) to make sure you have become a real derm expert. The book is reasonably priced (£ 39.99) and the plastic cover makes it consultation room proof. - Vets Today, 2008
- Unique new cased-based approach relating essential theory to clinical practice
- Modern, highly designed and illustrated so key information can be seen at a glance
- Self testing, MCQs and remediation means these books are ideally suited for CPD or as an exam revision aid
- Essential for all general small animal veterinary practitioners and students
This is a series of must-have practical handbooks covering specific veterinary problems using a unique, consistent, cased-based approach. From simple routine first opinion cases to referrals and more complex clinical scenarios, the series provides the essential knowledge that will lead to improved skills and practice for veterinary practitioners undertaking clinical professional development or students nearing the end of their courses and needing a vital examination revision aid.
- New case-based approach helps relate essential theory to the real world of the busy clinic
- Each case outlines: initial presentation, clinical signs, examination techniques, differential diagnoses, treatment options, clinical tips and relevant nursing information
- Highly illustrated using full colour throughout so key information can be found at a glance
- Numerous self-assessment tests and multiple choice questions with remediation
- Ideally suited for CPD and as an exam revision aid
By Anita Patel, BVM, DVD, MRCVS , RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Dermatology; and Peter J. Forsythe, BVM&S, DVD, MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dermatology; Owns & runs own Dermatology Referral Practice in Glasgow