This is a new edition of a classic textbook of oral pathology and oral medicine for dental students and candidates for postgraduate dentistry exams. Illustrated in colour throughout, the book offers a comprehensive introduction to the pathology of oral disease, its clinical manifestations and the principles of management. A final section deals with the medically compromised patient.
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of equine medicine, surgery and reproduction
- Easy-to-use format
- Completely revised since the first edition with new chapters added
- Now with over 100 new illustrations including colour photographs
- Includes diagnostic and therapeutic information as well as descriptions of commonly employed clinical techniques
- Includes lists of important differential diagnoses for common clinical signs
Table of Contents
- Upper Alimentary System.
- Gastroenterology 1. Colic.
- Gastroenterology 2. Hepatic and intestinal disorders.
- Abdominal cavity
- Disorders of the ear, nose and throat
- Lower respiratory tract
- Cardiovascular system
- Diseases of the equine urinary tract
- Haematopoietic and immune systems
- Orthopaedics 1. Diagnosis of lameness/diseases of joints and bones
- Orthopaedics 2. Diseases of the foot and&' || 'nbsp; limbs
- Orthopaedics 3. The&' || 'nbsp; limbs
- Orthopaedics 4. The back and pelvis
- Infectious diseases and parasitology
- Diseases of the foal
- Muscle disorders and performance problems
- Metabolic diseases and toxicology
- Principles of wound management
- Sedation and anaesthesia
- Diagnostic imaging
- Common problems and techniques in equine critical care
Edited by Tim Mair, BVSC, PhD, DEIM, DESTS, DipECEIM, MRCVS, AssocECVDI, Partner & Equine Practitioner, Bell Equine Veterinary Clinic, Mereworth, Maidstone, Kent, UK; Sandy Love, BVMS, PhD, MRCVS, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Glasgow, UK; James Schumacher, DVM, MS, MRCVS, Dip ACVS, Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, USA; Roger K. W. Smith, VetMB, PhD, DEO, DipECVS, MRCVS, Professor of Equine Orthopaedics, The Royal Veterinary College, Hatfield, UK and Grant Frazer, BVSc, MSc, MBA, Dip ACT, Director, Veterinary Hospital, Associate Professor, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, USA