The fifth edition of this book has been completely revised and brought up-to-date, with a new co-author. It is still the most authoritative and comprehensive book on the development and production of domestic livestock in the tropics.
Table of contents
Part I: Basic principles.
- The effect of climate.
- Maintenance of health.
- Nutrition and feeding; Reproduction and breeding.
- Conservation of farm animal genetic Resources.
- Sustainable livestock production systems.
Part II: Husbandry.
- Old world camels.
- New world camelidae.
- Donkeys, horses and mules.
- Pigs; Domesticated birds.
Part III: Milk and milk products.
- Meat and carcass by-products.
- Animal fibres.
- Work-animal power.
Appendix - Marking livestock for identification.