This book provides a broad reference covering important drugs of abuse including amphetamines, opiates, and steroids. It also covers psychoactive plants such as caffeine, peyote, and psilocybin. It provides chemical structures, analytical methods, clinical features, and treatments of these drugs of abuse, serving as a highly useful, in-depth supplement to a general medical toxicology book. The style allows for the easy application of the contents to searchable databases and other electronic products, making this an essential resource for practitioners in medical toxicology, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, pharmaceuticals, environmental organizations, pathology, and related fields.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1. Synthetic and Semisynthetic Chemicals.
- I. Amphetamines and Phenethylamine Derivatives.
- II. Club Drugs.
- III. Eating Disorders and Appetite.
- IV. Erogenic Agents and Supplements.
- V. Ethanol.
- VI. Lysergic Acid Diethylamide.
- VII. Older Sedative Hypnotic (LSD).
- VIII. Opioids.
- IX. Phencyclidine.
- XII. Volatile Substance Abuse.
- A. Anesthetics.
- B. Fluorinated Alkanes.
- C. Industrial Hydrocarbons.
- D. Nitrogen Compounds.
Part 2. Psychoactive Plants.