Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is a highly practical reference covering all aspects of caring for canine and feline surgical patients.
- Covers all tasks associated with small animal surgical patient care, from the initial exam and beyond discharge
- Offers clear descriptions of common surgical assisting procedures and their etiology
- Presents 285 full-color clinical photographs to demonstrate common surgical instruments and assisting procedures and patient care
- Includes chapters on the history and physical examination, pre-operative planning, asepsis, surgical assisting, procedures, wound management, postoperative care, and aftercare
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers and the figures from the book in PowerPoint
About the companion website
1 History and physical examination, 1
2 Preoperative planning, 11
3 Asepsis and infection control, 28
4 Surgical assistant and circulating nurse, 95
5 Surgical procedures, 124
6 Wound management, 160
7 Postoperative care, 171
8 Aftercare and home care, 192
Gerianne Holzman, CVT, VTS (Dentistry), is the Orthopaedic and Renal Transplant Coordinator at the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
Teri Raffel, CVT, VTS (Surgery), is the laboratory coordinator for the veterinary technician program at Madison Area Technical College in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.