This edition of Diabetes: Chronic Complications provides both the experienced and trainee endocrinologist with easy-to-read, up-to-date practical guidance on the management of the many complications that can result from the onset of diabetes, such as kidney failure, cardiovascular disease, retinal failure, and cerebrovascular disease. Reflecting the rapid developments currently taking place in the field, the second edition introduces a brand-new section on liver complications in diabetes, additional material on mental health complications in the section on diabetes and the brain, coverage of dyslipidaemia and hypertension in the section on diabetes and the heart, five MCQ's in each section to help improve clinical skills, and a case study and key points summary box in every chapter.
Table of Contents
- List of Contributors.
- Diabetes and the Eye (Kevin Shotliff and Nigel Davies).
- Diabetic Chronic Kidney Disease (Richard J MacIsaac, George Jerums and Gerald F Watts).
- Diabetes and the Liver (Lisa Jones and Anna Mae Diehl).
- Diabetes and the GI tract (Zeeshan Ramzan and Henry P. Parkman).
- Diabetes and Foot Disease (Kate Marsden, Sharon Tuck and Darryl Meeking).
- Diabetes and Autonomic Neuropathy (Andrew Macleod).
- Diabetes and Sexual Health (Michael H Cummings).
- Diabetes and the Heart (Miles Fisher & Kenneth M Shaw).
- Diabetes and the Brain (Iain Cranston).
- Diabetes and Mental Health (David P Osborn and Richard IG Holt).
- Musculoskeletal Complications of Diabetes Mellitus (Stratos Christianakis, Minh Chau Nguyen, Richard S. Panush).
- Diabetes and Oral Health (Philip M. Preshaw).
- Diabetes and the Skin (Hywel L Cooper, Amita Bansal and Adam E Haworth).
- Diabetes and Cancer (Steven S. Coughlin and Edward L. Giovannucci).