Zebrafish: Methods for Assessing Drug Safety and Toxicity offers a practical guide for using zebrafish as a tool for toxicology studies.
Consolidating key protocols and approaches to help researchers navigate the important and evolving field of zebrafish models for toxicity screening, this new title describes the methods for using the zebrafish as a model organism to assess compound-induced toxicity on all major organs. Individual chapters that concentrate on assays for each organ system are included and various analytical tools including microscopy, microplate readers, high content imaging systems, ECG, blood pressure monitors, high speed video and motion detectors are described.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: The Reproductive Biology and Spawning of Zebrafish in Laboratory Settings.
- Chapter 2: Developmental Toxicity Assessment in Zebrafish.
- Chapter 3: OECD Guidelines for the Testing of Chemicals Draft Proposal for a New Guideline Fish Embryo Toxicity Test (FET).
- Chapter 4: Assessment of Drug Induced Cardiotoxicity in Zebrafish.
- Chapter 5: Cardiotoxicity Studies in Zebrafish.
- Chapter 6: In Vivo Recording of the Adult Zebrafish Electrocardiogram.
- Chapter 7: Hematopoietic and Vascular System Toxicity.
- Chapter 8: Hepatotoxicity Testing in Larval Zebrafish.
- Chapter 9: Whole Zebrafish Cytochrome P450 Assay for Assessing Drug Metabolism and Safety.
- Chapter 10: Methods for Assessing Neurotoxicity in Zebrafish.
- Chapter 11: Zebrafish: A Predictive Model For Assessing Cancer Drug Induced Organ Toxicity.
- Chapter 12: Locomotion and Behavioral Toxicity in Larval Zebrafish: Background, Methods and Data.
- Chapter 13: Zebrafish: A Predictive Model for Assessing Seizure Liability.
- Chapter 14: Zebrafish: A New in vivo Model For Identifying P-glycoprotein Efflux Modulators.
- Chapter 15: Assessment of Effects on Visual Function in Larval Zebrafish.
- Chapter 16: Development of a Hypoxia Induced Zebrafish Choroidal Neovascularization Model.
- Chapter 17: Zebrafish Xenotransplant Cancer Model for Drug Screening.
- Chapter 18: Zebrafish Assays for Identifying Potential Muscular Dystrophy Drug Candidates.
- Chapter 19: Cytoprotective Activities of Water-soluble Fullerenes in Zebrafish Models.
- Chapter 20: Fishing to Design Inherently Safer Nanoparticles.
- Chapter 21: Radiation-Induced Toxicity and Radiation Response Modifiers in Zebrafish.
- Chapter 22: Caudal Fin Regeneration in Zebrafish-Making the Cut.