MRI Susceptibility Weighted Imaging discusses the promising new MRI technique called Susceptibility Weighted Imaging (SWI), a powerful tool for the diagnosis and treatment of acute stroke, allowing earlier detection of acute stroke hemorrhage and easier detection of microbleeds in acute ischemia. The book is edited by the originators of SWI and features contributions from the top leaders in the science. Presenting an even balance between technical/scientific aspects of the modality and clinical application, this book includes over 100 super high-quality radiographic images and 100 additional graphics and tables.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction to Susceptibility Weighted Imaging.
- 2 Magnetic Susceptibility.
- 3 Gradient Echo Imaging.
- 4 Phase and its relationship to imaging parameters and susceptibility.
- 5 Understanding T2* Related Signal Loss.
- 6 Processing concepts and SWI filtered phase images.
- 7 MR Angiography and Venography of the Brain.
- 8 Brain Anatomy with Phase.
- 9 SWI Venographic Anatomy of the Cerebrum.
- 10 Novel Approaches to Imaging Brain Tumors.
- 11 Traumatic Brain Injury.
- 12 Imaging cerebral microbleeds with SWI.
- 13 Imaging Ischemic Stroke and Hemorrhage with SWI.
- 14 Visualizing Deep Medullary Veins with SWI in Newborn and Young Infants.
- 15 Susceptible Weighted Imaging in Multiple Sclerosis .
- 16 Cerebral Venous Diseases and Occult Intracranial Vascular Malformations.
- 17 Sturge-Weber syndrome.
- 18 Visualizing the Vessel Wall using Susceptibility Weight Imaging.
- 19 Imaging Breast Calcifications Using SWI.
- 20 Susceptibility Weighted Imaging at Ultra-High Magnetic Fields.
- 21 Improved Contrast in MR Imaging of the Midbrain using SWI.
- 22 Measuring Iron Content with Phase.
- 23 Validation of phase iron detection with Synchroton X-ray Fluorescence.
- 24 Rapid Calculation of Magnetic Field Perturbations from Biological Tissue in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 25 SWIM: Susceptibility Mapping as a means to Visualize Veins and Quantify oxygen Saturation.
- 26 Effects of Contract Agents in Susceptibility Weighted Imaging.
- 27 Oxygen Quantification: Saturation.
- 28 Quantification of Oxygen saturation on Single Cerebral Veins, the blood capillary network and it’s dependency on Perfusion.
- 29 Integrating Perfusion Weighted Imaging, M R Angiography and Susceptibility Weighted Imaging.
- 30 Functional Susceptibility Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 31 Complex Threshold Methods for Eliminating Voxels that contain predominantly Noise in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- 32 Automated Vein Segmentation and Lesion detection: from SWI-MIPS to MR Venograms.
- 33 Rapid Acquisition Methods.
- 34 High resolution venographic BOLD MRI of animal brain at 9.4 T: Implications for BOLD fMRI.
- 35 Susceptibility Weighted Imaging in Rodent Animals.
- 36 Ultra Short TE Spectroscopic Imaging: Evaluation of Short T2 tissues in the Musculoskeletal (MSK) System.