The title was first published in Finland by the Finnish Medical Society, where it is now considered to be the single most important support tool for the physicians' decision making in their daily work.
What sets EBM Guidelines apart from competing books?
- Provides physicians with fast and easy access to practice guidelines based on the best available research evidence
- Covers practically all medical conditions encountered in general practice
- Developed by over 300 experienced general practioners and specialists worldwide
- Includes both diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, and recommendations on diagnostic tests and drug dosage
- Presented in a user-friendly format with self contained chapters based on clinical subjects
- Clear and concise explanations of all available evidence results in the guideline for treatment
- The strength of evidence is graded from A-D making this title a quick and easy reference whenever and wherever you need it!
- Assumes no prior knowledge of EBM or statistics - all the work of searching and appraisal has been done for you!
- Seeks to include guidelines where clinical evidence is incomplete or unavailable
- Contains full-colour photographs and tables throughout.
Easy-to-read and fast support at the point of care - EBM Guidelines:
1. Summarises the best available evidence - Cochrane reviews - DARE abstracts - Clinical Evidence topics - original articles in medical journals - abstracts in the Health Technology Assessment Database - NHS Economic Evaluation
2. Evaluates and grades the strength of all individual evidence from A (Strong research-based evidence) to D (No scientific evidence)
3. Suggests guidelines based on clinical evidence. If clinical evidence is inadequate or missing, an expert panel evaluate all other available information and suggests the appropriate guideline
With over 1000 problem-orientated or disease-specific guidelines including reference to evidence summaries for all guidelines, this title is the most extensive collection of guidelines for primary care today.
Here are just a few examples of the raving reviews for Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines:
"An excellent resource… quick to use, even during consultations…very
helpful to check whether our preferred diagnostic and therapeutic methods are
adequate…competent suggestions based on real evidence…"
—Heinz Bhend, PRIMARY CARE
"clinically useful answers…easy-to-read …this resource is
—Carl Heneghan, Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, Oxford, UK, EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE Journal