Jeffrey K. Aronson
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
A Volume in the Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs Series.
Praise for the Previous Edition:
"The high-quality indexes of drugs and of side-effects make this title even more valuable."
--JOURNAL OF INVESTIGATIONAL ALLERGOLOGY AND CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY
"Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs is a valuable reference for doctors, pharmacists,
or any health professional wanting an informed view of undesired drug effects.
It is essential to pharmacy library collections."
"When information in relation to adverse effects of medicinal products
is required this book is, in my view, one of the best sources available."
--IRISH MEDICAL JOURNAL
* Encyclopedic format - drug monographs now organised alphabetically
* Much more detailed information on each drug - For example, thalidomide warranted three sentences in Meyler’s 14th edition, but in Meyler’s 15th commands an extensive monograph in keeping with its growing use as treatment for leprosy and multiple myeloma, and its serious teratogenic effects
* Clearer, systematic organization of information for easier reading
* Extensive bibliography – over 40,000 references! - Meyler’s 15th edition incorporates all relevant citations from Meyler’s 14th, but also includes relevant citations from previous editions of Meyler’s and Side Effects of Drugs Annuals to give a historical perspective on the use and safety of drugs.
* Includes original case histories
* Extensively indexed
Building on the success of previous editions, this key title has been extensively reorganised and expanded and now comprises almost 1,500 individual drug articles. Each article contains detailed and authoritative information about the adverse effects of each drug, with comprehensive references to the primary literature.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Contributors; Foreword; Contents; How to use this book; Overview of Drug Monographs; Preface; Drug Monographs; Index of Drug Names; Index of Adverse Reactions