Authors: J M Dixon Senior Lecturer, University Department of Surgery, The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK J R C Sainsbury Consultant Surgeon, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, Huddersfield, UK
The second edition of this practical handbook covers the range of breast diseases and draws together recent data, particularly on breast cancer. Pathological aspects, classification, epidemiology and aetiology of the various diseases are briefly outlined and some issues, such as screening, when to refer, management, follow-up and counselling are discussed in detail. Substantially revised to take into account recent developments in the subject this book will help medical and nursing staff answer with confidence the difficult questions patients often ask.
* Covers the range of breast disease drawing together recent data * Didactic and practical * Discusses issues concerned with mammography screening programmes, and counselling and treatment options in breast cancer * Authors have extensive experience of management of breast disease
- SECTION 1 INTRODUCTION: The normal breast and congenital abnormalities / assessment and investigation of common symptoms
- SECTION 2 NON-MALIGNANT BREAST DISEASE: Benign breast conditions / breast infection
- SECTION 3 BREAST CANCER: Risk factors, screening and prevention / pathology, prognosis, diagnosis and treatment / advanced disease / breast reconstruction / clinical trials
- SECTION 4 PSYCHOLOGY AND BREAST DISEASE: Psychological factors in patients with breast disease