For over fifty years, McDonald's Blood Flow in Arteries has remained the definitive reference work in the field of arterial hemodynamics, including arterial structure and function with special emphasis on pulsatile flow and pressure. Prestigious, authoritative and comprehensive, the sixth edition has been totally updated and revised with several new chapters. This edition continues to provide the theoretical basis required for a thorough understanding of arterial blood flow in both normal and pathological conditions, while keeping clinical considerations and readability paramount throughout the text.
New for the sixth edition
•McDonald's groundbreaking waveform analysis is extended to explain ill effects of aging on the aorta and heart, and on the small blood vessels of vital organs - brain and kidneys.
•Rigorous theory and methodology are combined to show relevance of blood pressure and flow pulsations to individual clinical problems and to results of the most recent epidemiological studies and clinical trials.
•Written by a small tightly-knit group to provide consistency and easy reference of normal and abnormal functions in arteries of all sizes in humans, experimental animals, and realistic computer models.
•Now available in a digital version, together with this book, to provide instant access to this invaluable reference resource.
Erudite, definitive yet thoroughly practical, McDonald's Blood Flow in Arteries is essential reading for modern cardiologists, intensive care physicians, anesthesiologists, gerontologists, diabetologists, nephrologists and neurologists as well as physiologists, pharmacologists and epidemiologists.
The ebook edition is in VitalBookTM Bookshelf - an ebook reader which allows you to:
• download the ebook to your computer or access it anywhere with an internet
• search the full text of all of the ebooks that you hold on your bookshelf for instant access to the information you need
• link through from references to PubMed
• make and share notes and highlights on your ebooks
• copy and print text and figures
• customize your view by changing font size and layout
• The definitive reference work in arterial haemodynamics
• Fully updated and expanded to cover all recent developments in the field
• A sound scientific base combined with a focus on practical clinical applications
• Includes an abundance of illustrations to clarify key principles
About the Author(s):
Wilmer W Nichols PhD - Department of Medicine and Physiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Michael F O'Rourke MD DSc - Cardiovascular Department, St Vincent's Clinic and Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Charalambos Vlachopoulos MD - 1st Department of Cardiology, Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Core: Angiologists, cardiologists, physiologists. Supplementary: Vascular surgeons