- COVID-19: What is it?
- The economic effect of the flu?
- Understand available data about COVID-19 (source, nature, etc.)
- Data Analytics applications
- Machine Learning algorithms and Patterns for COVID-19
- Data Viz and COVID-19 geography
- Patterns of confirmed cases: countries/regions comparison
Throughout history data and analytics have had a profound impact on human health—including isolating the source of London’s cholera epidemic in the 1850s and promotion of new routine practices such as hand washing following the Crimean War. What Can Data and Analytics Tell Us About COVID-19? explores the power of analytics to shed light on the novel coronavirus that has threatened the health and economic welfare of people across the globe. This text familiarizes readers with different concepts related to data science big data technology and the various applications of machine learning algorithms for analyzing the available data on the global problem related to COVID-19.
- Covers how different methods, techniques, and powerful tools of data science and machine learning can be utilized to analyze and understand COVID-19.
- Features chapters on machine learning algorithms and patterns for COVID-19, data visualization and COVID-19 geography, patterns of confirmed cases, and more.
- Includes ample case studies.
- Consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into a single, convenient resource.
By Soraya Sedkaoui, PhD, Senior Lecturer at the University of Khemis Miliana, Algeria, Data Analyst at SRY Consulting, Montpellier, France