A&P may be complicated, but learning it doesn't have to be! Anatomy & Physiology, 11th Edition uses a clear, easy-to-read approach to tell the story of the human body’s structure and function. Color-coded illustrations, case studies, and Clear View of the Human Body transparencies help you see the "Big Picture" of A&P. To jump-start learning, each unit begins by reviewing what you have already learned and previewing what you are about to learn. Short chapters simplify concepts with bite-size chunks of information. Written by noted educator Kevin Patton, this award-winning text includes A&P Online with 3-D animations and interactive exercises to make learning even easier.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects more accurately the diverse spectrum of humanity.
- NEW! Updated chapters include Homeostasis, Central Nervous System, Lymphatic System, Endocrine Regulation, Endocrine Glands, and Blood Vessels.
- NEW! Additional and updated Connect It! articles on the Evolve website, called out in the text, help to illustrate, clarify, and apply concepts.
- NEW! Seven guided 3-D learning modules are included for Anatomy & Physiology.
- Conversational, storytelling writing style breaks down information into brief chapters and chunks of information, making it easier to understand concepts.
- 1,400 full-color photographs and drawings bring difficult A&P concepts to life and illustrate the most current scientific knowledge.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body transparencies allow you to peel back the layers of the body, with a 22-page, full-color insert showing the male and female human body along several planes.
- The Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections in each chapter help you comprehend the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- Interesting sidebars include boxed features such as Language of Science and Language of Medicine, Mechanisms of Disease, Health Matters, Diagnostic Study, FYI, Sport and Fitness, and Career Choices.
- Learning features include outlines, key terms, and study hints at the start of each chapter.
- Chapter summaries, review questions, and critical thinking questions help you consolidate learning after reading each chapter.
- Quick Check questions in each chapter reinforce learning by prompting you to review what you have just read.
- UNIQUE! Comprehensive glossary includes more terms than in similar textbooks, each with an easy pronunciation guide and simplified translation of word parts — essential features for learning to use scientific and medical terminology!