Section I-General Aspects
- 1. Approach to the Diagnosis of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors-Clinical, Radiologic, and Classification Aspects
- 2. Adjuvant Techniques-Immunohistochemistry, Cytogenetics, and Molecular Genetics
Section II-Soft Tissue Pathology
- 3. Fibroblastic and Fibrohistiocytic Tumors
- 4. Adipocytic Tumors
- 5. Smooth Muscle Tumors
- 6. Skeletal Muscle Tumors
- 7. Tumor of Perivascular Cells
- 8. Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
- 9. Vascular Tumors of Soft Tissue
- 10. Nerve Sheath and Neuroectodermal Tumors
- 11. Osteocartilaginous Tumors
- 12. Tumors of Synovial Tissue
- 13. Tumors of Miscellaneous Type or Uncertain Lineage
Section III-Bone Pathology
- 14. Bone-Forming Tumors
- 15. Cartilage-Forming Tumors
- 16. Fibroblastic and FibrohistiocyticTumors
- 17. Ewing's Sarcoma
- 18. Hematopoietic Tumors
- 19. Vascular Tumors of Bone
- 20. Giant Cell Tumor
- 21. Notochordal Tumors
- 22. Adamantinoma
- 23. Bone Tumors of Miscellaneous Type or Uncertain Lineage
- 24. Metastases Involving Bone
Now fully revised to include recent advances in the field, the second edition of Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, is an essential foundation text for residents and pathologists. The popular template format makes it easy to use, and new information throughout brings you up to date with what’s new in the field, including advances in molecular diagnostic testing and new diagnostic biomarkers. Practical and affordable, this resource is ideal for study and review as well as everyday clinical practice.
- A consistent, user-friendly format that explores each entity's clinical features, pathologic features (gross and microscopic), ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations.
- A focus on specific features of selected neoplastic and non-neoplastic entities, including broad and in-depth differential diagnoses.
- Review of normal histology before examining abnormal findings, enabling you to conveniently compare their characteristics in one place at one time.
- Clinical information on treatment and prognosis, enabling you to better understand the clinical implications of the diagnosis.
- Nearly 1,000 full-color, high-quality illustrations with extensive figure legends, as well as abundant boxes and tables throughout.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
What’s NEW in this edition:
- Advances in molecular diagnostic testing and its capabilities and limitations, including targeted/personalized medicine.
- New diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, newly described variants, and new histologic entities.
- The latest TNM staging and WHO classification systems.
- New co-editor Dr. Gunnlaugur Pétur Nielsen of Harvard Medical School joins Dr. Andrew L. Folpe and expert, internationally recognized pathologists who keep you up to date with the latest information in the field.
Dr. Folpe is the author of over 170 medical publications, principally in the areas of soft tissue pathology and diagnostic immunohistochemistry, the co-author of the 6th edition of Enzinger and Weiss' Soft Tissue Tumors and the most recent Armed Forces Institute of Pathology Fascicle on Soft Tissue Tumors, the co-author of Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, and a member of the consensus conferences for the 3rd and 4th editions of the WHO Classification of Tumors of Soft Tissue and Bone. Dr. Folpe also serves on the editorial boards of numerous pathology and dermatopathology journals. He has lectured widely on various aspects of soft tissue pathology and diagnostic immunohistochemistry Dr Nielsen has written extensively on neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases and of bone and soft tissue. He is the co-author of several book chapters, has participated in writing several sections over the last few years for the World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone, and co-authored Diagnostic Pathology: Bone. Dr. Nielsen is a regular speaker at national and international pathology and orthopedic courses