2 A Brief Guide to High-Complexity Testing for the Detection of Common Substances of Abuse in the Urine andUseful Clinical Interpretation of These Procedures
3 Addiction Management Protocols
4 Addiction Management Protocols Smoking Cessation Management
5 Addiction Management Protocols:Long-Term Medication Abstinence Options to Help Curb Substance Abuse Relapse
6 Common Substance AbuseeAssociated Sexually Transmitted Diseases
More people are being treated for substance abuse each year, creating a vital need for a practical, easy-to-use manual for addiction treatment providers. Addiction Medicine: An Introduction for Health Care Professionals, by Dr. Robert D. Lovinger, provides clear, authoritative guidance on current concepts of brain functions associated with substance abuse, early management and long-term treatment protocols, and effective psychiatric co-morbidity drug therapies with the goal to provide improved personalized treatments for patients suffering from addiction.
- Discusses the physiological effects of substance abuse on the brain and body.
- Summarizes current and successful addiction management protocols.
- Examines applications and recommended drug treatments for patients susceptible to long-term relapse.
- Covers smoking cessation and common substance abuse-linked sexually transmitted diseases.
- Consolidates today's available information and guidance into a single, convenient resource.