Learn how to understand normal body functions before learning about the mechanisms of veterinary disease. The Textbook of Veterinary Physiology, 6thEdition approaches this vast subject in a practical, user-friendly way that helps you grasp key concepts and learn how they relate to clinical practice. From cell physiology to body system function to homeostasis and immune function, this comprehensive text provides the solid foundation needed before advancing in the veterinary curriculum.
- Expanded resources on the companion Evolve website include state-of-the-art 3D animations, practice questions, a glossary, and additional Clinical Correlations not found in the text.
- Clinical Correlations boxes present case studies that illustrate how to apply physiology principles and concepts to the diagnosis and treatment of veterinary patients.
- Practice questions at the end of each chapter test your understanding of what you've just read and provide valuable review for exams.
- Key Points at the beginning of each chapter introduce new concepts and help you prepare for exams.
- Full-color format highlights helpful information and enhances learning with a wealth of illustrations that visually depict specific functions and conditions.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Updated animations and icons added that are relevant to content.
- NEW! New contributors lend their unique perspective and expertise to the content.
By Bradley G. Klein, PhD, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA, USA