From the use of specialist facial therapy and concurrent chemodenervation to the surgical revolution of selective neurolysis, synkinesis management is rapidly evolving as better tools become available to diagnose, assess, and personalize care. Management of Post-Facial Paralysis Synkinesis is the first book to focus exclusively on this common consequence of facial paralysis, providing authoritative coverage of recent advances in assessment as well as non-surgical and surgical treatment. Drs. Babak Azizzadeh and Charles Nduka lead an author team of international, multidisciplinary experts who fully explore the causes, clinical presentations, and management of synkinesis.
- Provides objective assessment and grading of facial paralysis, as well as both surgical and non-surgical management of synkinesis.
- Discusses the new surgical approach to lower facial synkinesis developed by Dr Azizzadeh.
- Includes numerous videos that show the movement of the face and selected treatments, as well as a library of facial expressions for objective video assessment of facial paralysis.
- Features dozens of high-quality anatomical images, colored line drawings, photographs, and charts throughout.
- Provides focused coverage of this timely topic for otolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and maxillofacial surgeons.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by Babak Azizzadeh, MD, FACS, Director, The Center for Facial and Nasal Plastic Surgery, Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Audrey Skirball-Kenis Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Beverly Hills, California and Charles Nduka