Textbook of Histology, 5th Edition, brings you up to date with all that's new in the field, while providing a solid foundation in the basic science and clinical application of cellular and molecular biology. Concise and highly illustrated, it functions as both a text and a histology laboratory guide and remains the only histology textbook that includes laboratory exercises for nearly every chapter.
- Numerous new clinical observations illustrate the importance of histology to clinical practice.
- More than 170 photomicrographs as well as new drawings, and histology laboratory instructions in most chapters have been added to this edition.
- Greatly revised content includes new findings in cellular and molecular biology such as the newly discovered endoplasmic reticulum-shaping proteins, the abundance of stem cells in adipose tissue, the phases of Alzheimer's disease and the role of the newly discovered glymphatic system in slowing the progression of the disease, and developments in the microbiome.
- More quick-reference tables have been added to summarize information discussed in the text.
- PowerPoint™ presentations, bolded key terms, bulleted lists, and chapter summaries highlight "need to know" information and facilitate comprehension
- A combination of USMLE-style questions and image-based questions are found in each chapter of the digital edition
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Leslie P. Gartner, PhD, Professor of Anatomy (Ret.), Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland