The only reference available that synthesizes this vast subspecialty into a single trustworthy resource Cornea 5th Edition provides state-of-the-art coverage of the expanding range of contemporary corneal surgery new diagnostic and imaging technologies and medical management of corneal and external disease as well as ocular surface disease. Drs. Mark J. Mannis Edward J. Holland and a team of more than 200 global experts keep you up to date with both common and more obscure diseases and disorders and the best route to effective treatment and management making this two-volume text a must-have resource for residents and fellows general ophthalmologists and seasoned cornea specialists.
- Features more than 2,300 exceptionally clear illustrations, diagnostic images, and step-by-step surgical photographs that offer superb visual guidance.
- Contains 14 new chapters, including Nanothin DSAEK, Aqueous Deficiency Dry Eye Syndrome, Evaluation of Recurrent Corneal Erosions, Evaluation of the Corneal Ulcer, Contemporary Approaches to the Biosynthetic Cornea, and Topography Guided Photorefractive Keratectomy, and more.
- Includes more than 80 video clips of current corneal surgery techniques, including new clips of the application of amniotic membrane penetrating keratoplasty, Descemet rupture management in DALK, and endothelial keratoplasty among others.
- Covers the latest developments in ocular surface transplantation, including new chapters on Conjunctival Limbal Autograft (CLAU); Living Related Conjunctival Limbal Allograft (Lr-CLAL); Keratolimbal Allograft; Cultivated Limbal Epithelial Transplantation; Simple Limbal Epithelial Transplantation; and Outcomes of Ocular Surface Transplantation.
- Provides key point overviews in each chapter that offer easier access to crucial information.
By Mark J Mannis, MD, FACS, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, UC Davis Health System Eye Center, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA and Edward J Holland, MD, Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Director of Cornea Service, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, OH, USA