Successfully correlate electrodiagnostic findings and neuromuscular ultrasound with key clinical findings with Electromyography and Neuromuscular Disorders, 4th Edition. This popular text is the go-to resource for clinicians at all levels of experience who have an interest in neuromuscular medicine, including those studying for the AANEM board exam. An easy-to-read writing style, abundant case studies, and learning features online help you master the electrodiagnostic evaluation and improve safety and accuracy.
- Helps you diagnose neuromuscular disorders more quickly and accurately, and correlate electromyographic and clinical findings.
- Explains complex subject matter in an easy-to-understand, user-friendly manner.
- Includes dozens of detailed, cross-sectional anatomy drawings to ensure correct EMG needle placement and avoid neurovascular injuries.
- Features new chapters on Neuromuscular Ultrasound, as well as incorporating neuromuscular ultrasound in the evaluation of clinical neuromuscular disorders along with electrodiagnostic studies in many of the clinical chapters.
- Provides up-to-date information on iatrogenic complications of electrodiagnostic studies and newly defined genetic neuromuscular conditions.
- Includes online access to more than 70 videos that allow you to see and hear the EMG waveforms discussed in the text, as well as a convenient "Test Your Knowledge" module.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By David C. Preston, MD, Professor of Neurology, Vice Chairman, Department of Neurology, Program Director, Neurology Residency, Co-Director, EMG Laboratory, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center; Cleveland, Ohio and Barbara E. Shapiro, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology, Director, Neuromuscular Research, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio