Approach any critical care challenge using a practical, consistent strategy based on best practices with Evidence-Based Practice of Critical Care, 3rd Edition. Unique, question-based chapters cover the wide variety of clinical options in critical care, examine the relevant research, and provide recommendations based on a thorough analysis of available evidence. Drs. Clifford S. Deutschman and Patrick J. Nelligan, along with nearly 200 critical-care experts, provide a comprehensive framework for translating evidence into practice, helping both residents and practitioners obtain the best possible outcomes for critically ill patients.
- Covers a full range of critical care challenges, from routine care to complicated and special situations.
- Helps you think through each question in a logical, efficient manner, using a practical, consistent approach to available management options and guidelines.
- Features revised and updated information based on current research, and includes all-new cases on key topics and controversies such as the use/overuse of antibiotics, drug resistance in the ICU, non-invasive mechanical ventilation, frequency of transfusions, and duration of renal replacement therapies.
- Provides numerous quick-reference tables that summarize the available literature and recommended clinical approaches.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Clifford S. Deutschman, MS, MD, FCCM, Vice Chair, Research, Pediatrics, Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Medicine Hofstra-North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, New Hyde Park; Investigator, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York and Patrick J. Neligan, MA, MB, FRCAFRCSI, Department of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, University College Galway, Galway, Ireland