1. Neonatal Resuscitation
2. Perinatal Hypoxia-Ischemia
3. Fluid & Electrolyte Management in Newborn Intensive Care Unit
4. Glucose Metabolism
5. Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia
6. Parenteral Nutrition
7. Enteral Nutrition
9. Respiratory Distress Syndrome
10. Principles of Mechanical Ventilation
11. Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
12. Neonatal Apnea
13. Neonatal Sepsis
14. Patent Ductus Arteriosus
15. Neonatal Hypotension
16. Congenital Heart Disease in the Newborn Period
17. Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn and Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure
18. Renal Failure in Neonates
19. Neonatal Seizures
20. Intraventricular Hemorrhage
21. Surgical Emergencies in the Newborn
22. Necrotizing Enterocolitis
Using a highly effective, case-based approach, Workbook in Practical Neonatology puts neonatal evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in a clinical context and tests your knowledge with questions and answers for each topic. You'll find authoritative guidance on the problems you're most likely to see in practice, including issues regarding resuscitation, mechanical ventilation, anemia, fluid therapy, and bronchopulmonary dysplasia. The 6th Edition has been extensively revised, with new authors, rewritten content, improved figures and tables, and many new cases throughout.
- Organizes chapters around case studies, followed by questions and answers that require you to make diagnostic decisions and help you understand how scientific concepts apply to each clinical problem.
- Guides you step-by-step through patient care with abundant diagnostic algorithms, illustrations, and decision trees.
- Features eleven chapters rewritten by new authors, new tables and algorithms, new cases, and updated discussions of existing cases.
- Provides online access to echocardiograph and fluoroscopic video clips that show you what to expect and how to proceed.
- An excellent learning tool and everyday reference for practicing neonatologists, as well as students, trainees, nurses, and other clinicians.
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.