Meticulously reviewed and updated for today's medical students, Basic Immunology, 6th Edition, is a concise text expertly written by the same distinguished author team as the best-selling, comprehensive text, Cellular and Molecular Immunology. This focused, easy-to-understand volume uses full-color illustrations and clinical images, useful tables, and practical features such as Summary Point boxes, end-of-chapter review questions, glossary terms, and clinical cases-all designed to help students master this complex topic in the most efficient, effective manner possible.
- Emphasizes clinical aspects of immunology, including disease pathogenesis, the development of novel therapies based on basic science, and an appendix of clinical cases for real-world application.
- Provides top-notch instruction from experienced teachers, course directors, and lecturers led by well-known editor and author Dr. Abul Abbas.
- Features a highly readable writing style and practical organization, now with fully revised content and updated images to reflect recent important advances in today's understanding of the immune system.
- Provides additional online features such as answers to in-book chapter review questions, helpful animations, and self-assessment questions.
- Presents information in a format and style that maximizes usefulness to students and teachers studying medicine, allied health fields, and biology.
- Contains numerous features designed to help students understand key immunologic concepts: high-quality illustrations, practical tables, chapter outlines, bolded key points, and focus questions in every chapter for self-assessment and review.
- Includes an Enhanced eBook version with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California ; Andrew H. H. Lichtman, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Shiv Pillai, MBBS, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard Medical School, Ragon Institute of Massachusetts General Hospital, MIT and Harvard, Boston, Massachusetts