Get a solid foundation in the language of movement! Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant 3rd Edition builds on previous editions by delivering a rich and varied learning experience that is needed to succeed in today's fast-paced PTA education programs. Clear, concise explanations of anatomy and function, full-color illustrations and unique atlas-style chapters make even the most complex concepts easy to master. In addition, a robust lineup of on- and off-line resources, featuring a companion Evolve website, give students the tools they need to succeed in both the classroom and the clinical setting!
- UNIQUE! Author team of Paul Mansfield and Don Neumann represent a rich blend of their experiences and expertise.
- Outstanding artwork with more than 600 full-color photos and drawings help you understand key concepts.
- UNIQUE! Atlas-style muscle presentations clearly link specific muscles or muscle groups with relevant information.
- Clinical Insight and Considerations boxes link the concepts of kinesiology with their clinical applications.
- Summary boxes and tables pull content together into concise, reader-friendly format.
- Study questions and key terminology serves as a valuable study tool for exam preparation.
- Learning Objectives serve as an overview of each chapter as well as a handy checklist for review.
New to this Edition
- NEW! UNIQUE! Goniometry boxes added at the end of each joint-specific chapter illustrate principles of goniometry as they relate to kinesiology.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Art from Neumann added where appropriate to help illustrate material.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised content reflects the very latest in Kinesiology.
By Paul Jackson Mansfield, MPT, Professor and Program Coordinator, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Milwaukee, WI and Donald A. Neumann, PhD, PT, FAPTA, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Exercise Science, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI