PART I. BASIC PRINCIPLES
2. Molecular Imaging
3. Physics in Nuclear Medicine
4. Radiation Detection and Instrumentation
5. Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography, Positron Emission Tomography, and Hybrid Imaging
PART II. CLINICAL NUCLEAR MEDICINE
6. Endocrine System
7. Skeletal Scintigraphy
8. Hepatobiliary System
9. Genitourinary System
10. Pulmonary System
11. Oncology: Positron Emission Tomography
12. Oncology: Non-Positron Emission Tomography
13. Gastrointestinal System
14. Infection and Inflammation
15. Central Nervous System
16. Cardiac System
17. Pearls, Pitfalls and Frequently Asked Questions
Now in its 5th Edition, this outstanding volume in the popular Requisites series thoroughly covers the fast-changing field of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging. Ideal for residency, clinical rotations, and board review, this compact and authoritative volume by Drs. Janis O'Malley and Harvey Ziessman covers the conceptual, factual, and interpretive information you need to know for success on exams and in clinical practice.
- More content on molecular imaging and the latest advances in clinical applications, including positron emission tomography (PET), SPECT/CT, PET/CT, and PET/MRI hybrid imaging.
- Inclusion of newly approved tracers such as Ga68 DOTA, F-18 amyloid, and F-18 PSMA.
- Expanded and integrated content on physics and non-interpretive aspects, including regulatory issues, radiation safety, and quality control.
- Up-to-date applications of nuclear medicine in the endocrine, skeletal, hepatobiliary, genitourinary, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, central nervous, and cardiac systems, as well as PET applications for oncology.
In the outstanding Requisites tradition, the 5th Edition also:
- Summarizes key information with numerous outlines, tables, pearls, pitfalls, and frequently asked questions.
- Focuses on essentials to pass the certifying board exam and ensure accurate diagnoses in clinical practice.
- Helps you clearly visualize the findings you're likely to see in practice and on exams with nearly 200 full-color images.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of electronic devices.
By Janis P. O'Malley, MD, Director of Nuclear Medicine and Clinical PET, Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center, Birmingham, AL and Harvey A. Ziessman, MD, Professor of Radiology, Director of Nuclear Medicine Imaging, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA