Global experts, in conjunction with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, bring you up to date with today's best approaches to lung cancer diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. IASLC Thoracic Oncology, 2nd Edition, keeps you abreast of the entire scope of this fast-changing field, from epidemiology to diagnosis to treatment to advocacy. Written in a straightforward, practical style for the busy clinician, this comprehensive, multidisciplinary title is a must-have for anyone involved in the care of patients with lung cancer and other thoracic malignancies.
New to this Edition
- Includes new content on molecular testing, immunotherapy, early detection, staging and the IASLC staging system, surgical resection for stage I and stage II lung cancer, and stem cells in lung cancer.
- Features a new full-color design throughout, as well as updated diagnostic algorithms.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Offers practical, relevant coverage of basic science, epidemiology, pulmonology, medical and radiation oncology, surgery, pathology, palliative care, nursing, and advocacy.
- Provides authoritative guidance from the IASLC - the only global organization dedicated to the study of lung cancer.
By Harvey Pass, MD, Stephen E. Banner Professor of Thoracic Oncology, Chief of Thoracic Oncology NYU Cancer Center, Vice Chair of Research NYUHC, Departments of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Surgery, New York, New York; David Ball, MD, FRANZCR, Deputy Director of Radiation Oncology and Cancer Imaging, Chair of the Lung Service, Professorial Fellow within the Sir Peter MacCallum Department of Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia and Giorgio Scagliotti, MD, Professor of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology at S. Luigi Hospital, University of Turin, Orbassano (Torino), Italy