Learn to produce quality radiographs on the first try with Radiographic Image Analysis, 5th Edition. This updated, user-friendly text reflects the latest ARRT guidelines and revamped chapters to reflect the latest digital technology. Chapters walk you through the steps of how to carefully evaluate an image, how to identify the improper positioning or technique that caused a poor image, and how to correct the problem. For each procedure, there is a diagnostic-quality radiograph along with several examples of unacceptable radiographs, a complete list of radiographic evaluation guidelines, and detailed discussions on how each of the evaluation points is related to positioning and technique. It's everything you need to critically think, evaluate, and ultimately produce the best possible diagnostic quality radiographs.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, and outlines reinforce what is most important in every chapter.
- Bold and defined key terms at first mention in the text ensure that you understand the terms from the start of when they are used in discussions.
- Expanded glossary serves as a quick reference and study tool.
- Two-color text design makes it easier to read and retain pertinent information.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest ARRT guidelines.
- NEW! Revamped sections on digital imagery within pediatric, obesity, and trauma situations incorporate the latest technology.
- NEW! Additional images offer further visual guidance to help you better critique and correct positioning errors.
- NEW! More robust digital halftones throughout images paint a clearer picture of proper technique.
By Kathy McQuillen Martensen, MA, RT(R), Director of Radiologic Technology Education, Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA