Anatomy of Orofacial Structures: A Comprehensive Approach, 8th Edition, gives you a clear understanding of oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy - all in a single resource. With new clinical content, a new chapter on the anatomy of local anesthesia, and an outstanding new full-color art program, this new edition is perfect for anyone studying to be a Dental Assistant or a Dental Hygienist. In addition, it offers the benefits of a combined text and student workbook, with review questions and unit tests, as well as detachable flashcards for on-the-go study - making this one product a complete learning package.
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of dental sciences includes oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy.
- Updated, detailed anatomical illustrations support the material, including labeled line drawings, radiographs, and clinical photographs.
- Text/Workbook format includes a perforated workbook section with chapter-by-chapter questions.
- Removable flashcards feature an image of a tooth on one side and that tooth's identifying/important information on the other side, providing an easy and effective study tool.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Chapter on the anatomy of local anesthesia details application techniques.
- NEW! Updated clinical content throughout focuses on evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Full-color program features modern illustrations, histographs, micrographs, and clinical images.
- NEW! Updated test bank with cognitive question leveling and mapping to Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam and National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) blueprints.
By Richard W Brand, BS, DDS, FACD, Professor Emeritus, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO and Donald E Isselhard, BS, DDS, FAGD, MAGD