Master the essentials of gross anatomy! The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 4th Edition includes full-color coverage of the regions of the head and neck that relate to applied anatomy for the clinical practice of dentistry. Core information provides a foundation of knowledge that’s important to a successful chairside experience for both you and patient. This new edition includes coverage of local anesthesia, dental imaging, spread of dental infection, and fractures of the craniofacial complex. Using a clear, accessible style, with practical Clinical Notes boxes updated to include case studies, this book closely relates the basic science of applied anatomy to the clinical practice of dentistry.
- Specifically tailored for the dental student, focuses on core, need-to-know content.
- Clinical Notes boxes integrated throughout the text relate basic science concepts to the actual clinical practice of dentistry.
- Regional approach to anatomy breaks down anatomical structures and body systems into easy-to-understand modules to correlate with how the course is taught.
- Cadaver dissection photographs paired with anatomical line drawings clearly depict the location of anatomic structures.
2. The Back
3. The Thorax
4. The Abdomen, Pelvis, Perineum, and Basic Lower Limb
5. The Neck and Basic Upper Limb
6. The Head
7. Review of the Systemic Anatomy of the Head and Neck
8. Supplemental Anatomy of the Head and Neck