Section 1 - Anesthesia
Section 2 - Dermatology
Section 3 - Aesthetic Medicine
Section 4 - Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat
Section 5 - Cardiovascular and Respiratory System Procedures
Section 6 - Gastrointestinal System Procedures
Section 7 - Urinary System Procedures
Section 8 - Male Reproductive System
Section 9 - Gynecology and Female Reproductive System
Section 10 - Obstetrics
Section 11 - Pediatrics
Section 12 - Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Section 13 - Urgent Care
Section 14 - Hospitalist
Appendices A to M
Appendix A: Commonly Used Instruments/Equipment
Appendix B: Informed Consent
Appendix C: Latex Allergy Guidelines
Appendix D: Supplier Information
Appendix E: Resources for Learning Procedures
Appendix F: Universal Precautions
Appendix G: Neoplasm, Skin: ICD-9 Codes
Appendix H: Pearls of Practice
Appendix I: The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Procedural Skills Task Force
Appendix J: Outline of a Comprehensive Operative Note
Appendix K: Algorithms for the Evaluation of Abnormal Pap Smears and Treatment of Colposcopic Findings
Appendix L: Buying Office Equipment
Appendix M: Special Considerations in Geriatric Patients
Primary care clinicians are performing more varied procedures than ever before, and physicians, residents, and students need a comprehensive, authoritative resource that provides trusted information in an easy-to-follow format. Through three outstanding editions, Pfenninger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care has been the go-to reference for step-by-step strategies for nearly every medical procedure that can be performed in an office, hospital, or emergency care facility by primary care providers. This 4th Edition continues that tradition with new section editors, updated illustrations, new chapters, and much more. No other primary care procedure book compares with Pfenninger and Fowler's breadth and depth of practical, step-by-step content!
- Provides comprehensive, real-world coverage of more than 230 procedures that arise in the primary care setting, including many that were previously performed only in subspecialty settings, such as joint injections and cosmetic procedures.
- Includes new chapters: Esophageal Foreign Body Removal, Manual Testicular Detorsion, Symphysiotomy, Zipper Injury Management, and Blood Products.
- Presents the "how-to" expertise of six new section editors, for a fresh, contemporary perspective throughout the book.
- Additional focus on the evidence, with plentiful citations to key references, makes this the most evidence-based edition yet.
- Features numerous updated illustrations, including many more in full color, and incorporates updated ICD-10-CM codes throughout.
- Provides access to online resources including patient education handouts and consent forms, lists of device manufacturers, and more.
- Utilizes a concise outline format, detailed text and illustrations, and abundant boxes and tables for quick access to the information you need.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
By Grant C. Fowler, MD, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Family Practice & Community Medicine, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center Medical School, Houston, TX