From an interdisciplinary author team now including orthopedic surgeons, PM&R specialists, and primary care and sports medicine experts, the second edition of Musculoskeletal PhysicalExamination: An Evidence-Based Approach educates physicians on how to give the most thorough physical examinations by understanding the "why" behind each type of exam. In-depthcoverage of today's newest tests and techniques keeps you current in practice, and a new section titled "Author’s Preferred Approach" guides you through difficult areas of examination.
- Provides complete coverage of every musculoskeletal physical examination.
- Easy-to-use tables summarize and compare the evidence for specificity and sensitivity of each test for each condition.
- Utilizes over 200 illustrations to clearly depict each test.
- Reliability and Validity of PhysicalExaminations
- Sensory, Motor, and ReflexExamination
- PhysicalExamination of the Cervical Spine
- PhysicalExamination of theShoulder
- PhysicalExamination of theElbow
- PhysicalExamination of theWrist and Hand
- PhysicalExamination of the Lumbar Spine and SacroiliacJoint
- PhysicalExamination of the Pelvis and Hip
- PhysicalExamination of theKnee
- PhysicalExaminationoftheFoot and Ankle