Pocket-sized and portable, Instant Work-ups: A Clinical Guide to Medicine offers all of the critical information physicians need to know in order to evaluate and diagnose a patient. The content is uniquely presented as a patient would present his or her case: with symptoms and abnormalities, as opposed to a diagnosis. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear work-up plans for the most commonly encountered medical conditions, providing quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Pocket-sized design makes it perfect for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Covers approximately 80 of the most commonly encountered medical conditions.
- Chapters are alphabetically organized by topic for easy reference.
- Topics are presented as a sign, symptom, or abnormal lab reading as a patient would present his or her case.
- Every topic includes a brief background discussion, a list of important related materials, and a detailed list of the next lab or radiographic tests.
- Describes each diagnostic test and includes algorithms for each topic to help guide diagnosis.
By Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano, Napa, California; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine; University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine; David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Los Angeles, California
"This is a very comprehensive guide presented in a compact, quick-read, reference format."
-Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) Doody's Score: 97 - 5 Stars!