Section 1: Anatomy
1. Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy
Section 2: Liver
2. Liver Resection
3. Major Hepatic Resection: Right Liver
4. Major Hepatic Resection: Left Liver
5. Liver Resection: Hepatic Segmentectomy
6. Wedge Resection and Enucleation Techniques: Hepatic Artery Infusion Chemotherapy
7. Cystic Disease of the Liver
Section 3: Biliary Tract
8. Benign Biliary Disease and Anastomosis
9. Resection for Biliary Cancer
Section 4: Pancreas
10. Pancreatic and Periampullary Resection
11. Ampulla of Vater
During his years at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Dr. Leslie H. Blumgart developed an extensive video library of high-quality, narrated and captioned video of his personal techniques used to train surgeons worldwide. These videos present history, radiologic evidence, and operative procedures - from major and minor resectional procedures to biliary and pancreatic anastomotic techniques. Blumgart's Video Atlas: Liver, Biliary & Pancreatic Surgery, 2nd Edition, compiles these outstanding videos, along with laparoscopic alternatives to these landmark surgeries from Dr. Carlos U. Corvera, into one outstanding multimedia resource that brings you fully up to date with innovative and advanced techniques in hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery.
- Covers diseases of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas, both in print and on more than 120 videos.
- Offers step-by-step discussion of open surgical procedures by world renowned surgeon Dr. Les Blumgart, allowing you to see clearly how an expert handles a difficult case.
- Includes an expanded number of minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques for the management of liver disease and pancreatic tumors, contributed by Dr. Carlos Corvera.
- Features a new chapter on laparoscopic hepatectomy techniques, as well as several new videos that showcase totally laparoscopic approaches to major hepatectomy, and the benefits of a hand-assisted laparoscopic approach.
- Details recent advances in laparoscopic liver and pancreatic surgery, modifications to open right hepatectomy (a "bottom-up" approach), right hepatectomy for donor liver transplant, and management of rare complications of gallstones disease.
- Includes both conceptual and imaging anatomy in print, including new cadaver dissections, allowing you to better understand surgeries preoperatively and consider the impact of anatomy and disease on the surgical procedure.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Carlos Corvera, MD, FACS, Professor of Surgery, Chief of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Maurice Galante Distinguished Professorship in Hepatobiliary Surgery, Division of General Surgery, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center; Attending Surgeon, Surgery, VA Medical Center, San Francisco , CA, USA