Complete Phlebotomy Exam Review contains1,000 questions and a wealth of content review to prepare you for the phlebotomy certification exams; a mock certification exam at the end of the book tests your knowledge of necessary information, while an Evolve website offers even more opportunity for practice. The text and Evolve site combine to provide the most comprehensive review available to succeed on the certification exams.
New to this edition
- NEW! 1,500 questions provide you with even more opportunities for testing yourself and reinforcing the content.
- NEW! 100-question pretest at the beginning of the book lets you assess where you stand from the start so you can target your study accordingly.
- NEW! Photos and line drawings throughout the book illustrate what is being discussed and help you learn more about the equipment you will encounter on the job.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Phlebotomy
2. Health Care Structure
4. Infection Control
5. Medical Terminology
6. Human Anatomy and Physiology
7. Circulatory, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
8. Venipuncture Equipment
9. Routine Venipuncture
10. Dermal Puncture
11. Venipuncture Complications
12. Blood Collection in Special Populations
13. Arterial Blood Collection
14. Special Collections and Procedures
15. Special Nonblood Collection Procedures
16. Specimen Transport, Handling, and Processing
17. Point-of-Care Testing
18. Quality Phlebotomy
19. Legal Issues in Phlebotomy
Mock Exam Answers