This best-selling volume in The Requisites™ Series provides a comprehensive introduction to timely ultrasound concepts, ensuring quick access to all the essential tools for the effective practice of ultrasonography.
Comprehensive yet concise, Ultrasound covers everything from basic principles to advanced state-of-the-art techniques. This title perfectlyfulfills the career-long learning, maintenance of competence, reference, and review needs of residents, fellows, andpracticing physicians.
- Review chapters on Practical Physics, Lower Genitourinary, General Abdomen, Neck & Chest, and Extremities to stay abreast of the latest topics in ultrasonography.
- Explore new viewpoints with discussions of nuchal translucency, cystic adenomatoid malformation, and ectopic pregnancy in the obstetrics and gynecology chapters.
- Recognize the range of sonographic findings by viewing a full spectrum of images for each type of abnormality.
- Easily review complex topics with an organization that parallels Ultrasound: Case Review, making it easy to practice applying the information you've gained.
- Explore extensively updated and expanded content on important topics such as practical physics and image optimization, the thyroid, salivary glands, bowel, musculoskeletal system, cervical nodal disease, ectopic pregnancy, early pregnancy failure, management of asymptomatic adnexal cysts, practice guidelines - and a new chapter on fetal chromosome abnormalities.
- Visualize the complete spectrum of diseases with many new and expanded figures of anatomy and pathology, additional correlative imaging, and new schematics demonstrating important concepts and findings.
- Further enhance your understanding with visual guidance from the accompanying electronic version, which features over 600 additional figures and more than 350 real-time ultrasound videos.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. The enhanced eBook experience allows you to view the additional images and video segments and access all of the text, figures, and suggested readings on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents
Part I: General and Vascular
1. Practical Physics
4. Bile Ducts
6. Lower Genitourinary
9. General Abdomen
10. Neck and Chest
Part II: Obstetrics and Gynecology
12. The Obstetric Ultrasound Examination: Guidelines
13. Fetal Well-Being, Amniotic Fluid Volume, and Hydrops
14. The First Trimester and Ectopic Pregnancy
15. Fetal Central Nervous System, Face and Neck
16. Fetal Thorax
17. Fetal Gastrointestinal Tract
18. Fetal Genitourinary Tract
19. Fetal Musculoskeletal System
20. Placenta, Umbilical Cord, and Cervix
21. Multiple Gestations
22. Chromosome Abnormalities: Assessment for Aneuploidy
23. Pelvis and Uterus