So much more than just a dictionary…the completely revised, bestselling, trusted Mosby’s Dictionary is the ONE reference you need to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features superior-quality definitions plus 2,400 full-color illustrations – nearly three times more than any other dictionary available! But that’s only the beginning. Mosby’s Dictionary also includes encyclopedic entries to explain more difficult concepts in depth, a 43-page Color Atlas of Human Anatomy. It’s the trusted reference you’ll turn to again and again!
- UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions include expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Quick-reference appendixes offer quick access to useful reference information, such as commonly used abbreviations, language translation guides, American sign language, and more.
- A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
New To This Edition:
- NEW! Over 300 new and updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions and reflect current health care practice and equipment.
- NEW! Approximately 11,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care.
- NEW! Editor Marie O’Toole, EdD, RN, FAAN lends her expertise to this new edition, reviewing and revising all definitions and assembling a team of leading consultants and contributors.
Table of Contents:
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
1. American Sign Language and Manual Communication
2. Common Abbreviations Used in Writing Prescriptions
3. Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
4. Commonly Used Abbreviations
5. The Joint Commission Do Not Use List