Fam’s Musculoskeletal Examination and Joint Injection Techniques provides cutting-edge content and clear, clinical advice on joint injection techniques and performing the musculoskeletal exam. George V. Lawry, Hans J. Kreder, Gillian Hawker, and Dana Jerome present full-color photographs and illustrations demonstrating musculoskeletal (MSK) exam and joint injection techniques for step-by-step guidance...in print and online.
- Master applied anatomy through discussions of basic biology, anatomy, and functions of the musculoskeletal system.
- Apply anatomy skills in aspiration/injection techniques of both the joint and periarticular structures.
- Perform and interpret the physical exam thanks to step-by-step how-to guidance.
- Visualize anatomic landmarks in precise detail using the rich, full-color photographs and illustrations.
- Find up-to-date material on common abnormal conditions for every joint and easily identify each one.
New to this Edition
- Access information easily with coverage of examination and injection techniques, organized by body region.
- Tap into multidisciplinary viewpoints from rheumatology, orthopaedics, and other health professions including physical therapy and chiropractice.
- Perform exams more effectively with evidence-based findings throughout the text.
- Apply cutting-edge knowledge on injection techniques to your practice.
- See physicians performing injections and parts of the musculoskeletal exam in full-color "action" shots.
- View videos of injection procedures online at expertconsult.com that reinforce concepts from the text.
By George V. Lawry, MD, Professor, Clinical Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Division, University of Iowa, University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA; Hans J. Kreder, MD, MPH, FRCS(C), Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Health Policy Evaluation and Management; Chair, Orthopaedic Clinical Epidemiology, University of Toronto; Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedics, Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Sciences Centre; Adjunct Scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Gillian Hawker and Dana Jerome