This pocket-sized reference is a practical guide to the care and treatment of cancer patients. It contains the most comprehensive list of chemotherapeutic drugs, including biological response modifiers, available anywhere. Each drug profile follows a uniform format, discussing mechanisms of action, indications, metabolism, dose, administration, drug interactions, incompatibilities, and toxicity. Cancer treatment protocols are arranged by cancer type. Completely, revised, and updated, the 6th Edition features 100 new chemotherapeutic drugs, as well as new information on medication errors and safety, and monoclonal antibodies.
- Uses a multidisciplinary approach that reflects the work of the entire chemotherapeutic team.
- Contains essential information on all chemotherapeutic agents and "cocktail" combinations.
- Covers high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell support, recognizing the rapid progress of stem cell therapy and highlighting potentially significant risks.
- Lists chemotherapeutic drugs and biological response modifiers alphabetically, and arranges cancer treatment protocols by cancer type.
- Provides the most comprehensive list of chemotherapeutic drugs available.
- Updates and revises all chapters.
- Describes 100 new chemotherapeutic drugs.
- Features a new chapter on medication errors and safety.
- Presents new information on monoclonal antibodies
- 1. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- 2. Clinical Trials--Principles and Applications
- 3. Chemotherapy Medication Safety
- 4. Chemotherapy Drugs and the Drugs Used in the Treatment of Cancer
- 5. Biotherapy
- 6. Cancer Chemotherapy Administration
- 7. Cancer Chemotherapy and Biotherapy
- 8. Ethical Considerations in Cancer
- 9. Cancer Pain Management
- 10. High Dose Chemotherapy with Stem Cell Support
- 11. Organ System Toxicity