About this book
- The definitive primer in basic sciences for the MRCOG Part 1 examination
- Complex concepts are discussed in a problem-based format so that the relevant basic sciences are taught and drawn together in context
- Teaches you what is 'true', but also what is 'false', and why
- Detailed line drawings explain the scientific content
- 'Examination hints' highlight key revision points
This textbook takes a new, dynamic approach to the basic sciences in obstetrics and gynaecology. It teaches candidates all they need to know for the MRCOG Part 1 examination by extending the understanding of the basic medical sciences and their relevance to obstetrics and gynaecology. Like conventional textbooks it teaches what is 'true', but it also what is 'false', and why. The most complex concepts are discussed in a problem-based format so that the relevant basic sciences are taught and drawn together in context.
Readership: Postgraduate doctors in obstetrics and gynaecology preparing for the MRCOG Part 1, practising specialists in obstetrics and gynaecology as a reference resource, and Foundation Year doctors aiming for a career in obstetrics and gynaecology.
Table of contents
1: Molecular biology
2: General embryology
3: Placental structure and function
4: Fetal physiology
14: Medical imaging