1: Anatomy of the Head and Neck, Nicholas Longridge
2: Preventative and Paediatric Dentistry, Nicholas Longridge
3: Orthodontics, Nadia Ahmed
4: Periodontics, Pete Clarke
5: Endodontics, Nicholas Longridge
6: Prosthodontics, Pete Clarke
7: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tariq Ali
8: Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, Raheel Aftab
9: General Medicine, Tariq Ali
10: Therapeutics and Medical Emergencies, Tariq Ali
11: Analgesia, Anaesthetic and Sedation, Thomas Albert Park
12: Dental Materials, Raheel Aftab
13: Head and Neck Syndromes, Nicholas Longridge
14: Radiology and Radiography, Raheel Aftab
15: Statistics, Epidemiology & Public Dental Health, Pete Clarke
Oxford Assess and Progress: Clinical Dentistry features over 270 Single Best Answer questions. Written and peer-reviewed by clinicians working within each specialty and mapped to dental school curricula, this is an authoritative guide for dental students providing a wealth of revision.
Organised by specialties, chapter introductions unlock difficult subjects with hints and tips. Each question is accompanied by detailed answers explaining the rationale behind right and wrong answers. Cross-references to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry and further reading resources, expand your revision further. A four star rating system indicating question difficulty to monitor your progress as you learn. Key words also help highlight specific clues or words that can assist with recall.
- Oxford Assess and Progress: Clinical Dentistry is your prescription for exam succcess.
- Detailed answers to every question, explaining the rationale behind right and wrong answers
- Cross-referenced to the sixth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry
- A four star rating system indicates question difficulty to monitor your progress as you learn
- Over 45 illustrations to test and teach core principles
- Key words help highlight specific clues or words that can assist with recall
- Law and ethics questions in every specialty based chapter
Nicholas Longridge, Academic Clinical Fellow/Specialty Registrar in Endodontics, Liverpool University Dental Hospital, Pete Clarke, Specialty Registrar in Restorative Dentistry, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Raheel Aftab, General Dental Practitioner, Kent, Surrey, and Tariq Ali, Associate Lecturer/Registrar Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Queensland.
Consultant Editor Katharine Boursicot, Director, Health Professional Assessment Consultancy (HPAC), Honorary Reader in Medical Education St George's, University of London, and Consultant Editor David Sales, Consultant in Medical Assessment.