The perfect resource for understanding the technologic and medical considerations of cardiac echocardiography
Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography, Third Edition offers concise yet comprehensive coverage of the key principles, concepts, and developing practice of TEE. Each chapter provides a summary of the physiology, pathophysiology, tomographic views, and the required two-dimensional, M-Mode, and Doppler echocardiography data for a number of common disease states. Important clinical information is integrated with the principles of cardiovascular physiology.
Presented in full-color, the book has been hailed for its effective blend of narrative and bulleted text, and abundance of charts and graphs that speed readers to important clinical information. The Third Edition has been updated to better align with the TEE board certification examination, and for greater emphasis on perioperative (outside the operating room) echocardiography.
- Cardiologists (75,000/worldwide), general anesthesiologists (40,000), cardiac anesthesiologists
- More than 300 Q&A written in the same format as the exam, complete with detailed answer explanations, make this an essential certification/recertification review
- Includes online access to high-quality companion video clips
- Addresses all the important clinical and technical issues and major exam topics
- Valuable anatomic representation of ultrasound imaging planes
- Increased number of chapter-ending review questions
- Important chapters on 3D TEE, epicardial and epiaortic ultrasonography, TEE in the emergency room, training and certification in perioperative TEE, and the TEE board exam
- Valuable appendices detailing normal chamber dimensions and volumes, diastolic function, quantification of stenotic and regurgitant valves, hemodynamic calculations, and more
- Contributions from world-renowned anesthesiologists, cardiologists, and cardiothoracic surgeons