This concise handbook tells you everything you need to know about medical research. You will learn how to read, understand, and ultimately perform it.
Medical Research Essentials walks you step by step through the entire research process, from how to read and critique an article, to presenting your own data. Filled with flowcharts, algorithms, diagrams, and tables, Medical Research Essentials is like having an experienced mentor at your side!
THIS ULTIMATE HANDBOOK FOR INTERPRETING AND CONDUCTING MEDICAL RESEARCH OFFERS CONCISE COVERAGE OF:
- How to critically read and interpret medical literature
- The best methods of organizing and analyzing data
- Potential research projects that can be performed in a limited time frame
- How to design your own study and acquire funding
- Understanding and using medical statistics
About the Author
Rania Esteitie, MD (Boston, MA) is currently a Resident Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Esteitie completed a Post-Doc research fellowship at Georgetown University Department of Medicine in the Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy and is well published in various medical journals.
Table of Contents
2. How to Classify Research Studies
3. Journal Club
4. How to Interpret Research
5. How to Plan Research
6. How to Organize Research
7. How to Present Your Research
8. Deciphering Different Research Domains
9. Glossary of Terms