Aimed at speech and language specialists in practice, teaching and training, this new electronic resource, created in collaboration with a team of expert clinicians and educators, will include relevant detailed and interactive 3D anatomy views, a comprehensive clinical section and an invaluable patient education section.
Hundreds of 3D anatomy views will cover the anatomy most relevant to you; as well as including content on anatomical language and systems of the human body, detailed anatomy of the head and neck including facial muscles, tongue, oral and nasal cavities, larynx, pharynx, ear and nerves will also be provided.
It also contains 3D animations of movements of the face (such as elevation/depression of the corners of the mouth and opening/closing of the lips), movements of the larynx/pharynx, movements of the TMJ and respiration, as well as fantastic 2D animations covering mechanisms of swallowing, mechanisms of articulation and voice, mechanisms of voice production and actions of the larynx.
Clinical content will cover normal function both described and shown visually of mechanisms of swallowing, mechanism of voice production and mechanism of articulation, as well as topics such as cleft palate, vocal fold paralysis, spasmodic dysphonia, swallowing problems after stroke and swallowing problems after cancer among many others.
The invaluable patient education section will include useful editable and printable sheets. With patient orientated text and clear, annotated illustrations, each sheet will include an appropriate description of the anatomy and nature of the condition.
- Give yourself the edge. This software is unique - there are very few digital resources available for speech language therapists, making it an invaluable reference tool!
- View relevant anatomy in a new perspective through interactive and 3D modeling- interactive functions allow you to rotate the 3D models through 360 degrees and add or remove layers of anatomy to view and label any feature with ease.
- Educate and reassure your patients and help them get the most from consultations by utilising the dedicated and editable patient education sheets.
- Clear demonstrations of the mucosal wave. Swallowing and tongue and lip positions in all vowels and consonants
- Save valuable time finding images. Simple edit functions allow you to export and print any image for your own presentations, royalty free
“Primal Pictures fundamentally transforms the way we teach,” says Belafsky. “It’s accurate, comprehensive and flexible. As a specialist in the area of surgical training, I also enjoy Primal’s ability to export images for presentations.”
Dr Peter Belafsky
Single user licence
PC and Mac compatible
Microsoft XP, Vista, Windows 7
Mac OSX 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 , 10.6
Processor speed:1.5 GHz with 512 MB of RAM
Disk Space: 200 MB
Screen display: 1024 x 768 screen
DVD drive required