1. From hyperglycaemia to defining type 2 diabetes mellitus
2. Does it boil down to insulin resistance versus beta cell failure, focus on pathophysiology and
co-relation to therapeutics
3. Beyond diabetic dyslipidemia
4. Is diabetes in young a separate entity?
5. Unmet cardiovascular mortality in T2DM
b. Coronary heart disease (CAD)
c. Heart failure (HF)
6. The reality behind assessing renal function
7. Is diabetes associated with risk of developing cancer?
8. Autoimmune associations with type 2 diabetes mellitus
9. Type 2 diabetes mellitus, immunity and infection
10. Role of diet, does it matter?
11. Individualised approach based glycosylated hemoglobin management?
a. How sacrosanct is HbA1c target of 7 and why even now?
b. Individualized diabetes management in patients with chronic kidney disease
c. Management of type 2 DM in special situations like Ramadan and liver disease
12. Optimising risk factors in type 2 diabetes mellitus
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced.
This book is a comprehensive guide to the management of Type 2 diabetes mellitus, with a focus on associated disorders and comorbidities.
Beginning with an explanation of hyperglycaemia, Type 2 diabetes, and pathophysiology, the following chapters cover associated cardiovascular, renal, oncological, and autoimmune system disorders.
The book concludes with discussion on management of Type 2 diabetes in special situations such as during Ramadan and in patients with liver disease, and optimisation of risk factors.
- Comprehensive guide to management of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus on associated disorders and comorbidities
- Discusses management of Type 2 diabetes during Ramadan and in patients with liver disease
- Includes clinical images and figures to enhance text
Vishal Gupta MD MRCP
Consultant Endocrinologist and Metabolic Physician, Director, VG-ADVANTAGE Diabetes Thyroid & Endocrine Centre; Honorary Consultant, Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India