Section 1: Medical Jurisprudence and Ethics
- Humanitarian forensics
- Ethical issues in biomedical research - current guidelines and future aspects
- End of life issues in India - a legal perspective
- Medico-legal aspect of trauma management
Section 2: Forensic Pathology
- Firearm fatalities with emphasis to estimation of range of fire
- Lung pathology in deaths due to opium
- Autopsy diagnosis of deaths from heat stroke
- Mechanisms of sudden unexpected death secondary to central nervous system neoplasms
- Time since death - recent developments
- Emerging & re-emerging infectious diseases: vital role of good forensic pathology services in detection and biosafe practices for the community
- Negative and obscure autopsies - medico-legal implications
- Artifacts and mimics in forensic pathology
- Body preservation - recent advances
- Verbal autopsy - its utility in national health information system
Section 3: Forensic Radiology and Immunology
- Post-mortem neuroimaging and neuropathology
- Immunohistochemistry and its forensic importance
Section 4: Forensic Psychiatry
- Sexual crimes and unusual sexual practices - an overview and some recent developments
- Marriage, divorce, mental illness and the law
Section 5: Forensic Science
- Role of forensic medicine expert in crime scene investigation
- Seminal stain examination - recent advances
This book is the third volume in the Recent Advances in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology series. Volume Two (9789352701247) published in 2018.
Divided into five sections, the text provides specialists and trainees with the latest advances and technologies in their field.
Section One introduces medical jurisprudence and ethical issues, followed by an extensive section on forensic pathology explaining different causes of death and appropriate approaches to autopsy.
Section Three covers forensic radiology and immunology and Section 4 discusses forensic psychiatry examining issues such as sexual crimes, and marriage and divorce.
The book concludes with a section on forensic science explaining the role of forensics experts in crime scene analysis and recent advances in examination and investigation techniques.
Each chapter has been extensively researched and referenced. Topics are highly illustrated with photographs, diagrams, text boxes emphasising key points, tables and flowcharts.
- Third volume in Recent Advances in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology series
- Provides clinicians and trainees with latest advances and technologies in the field
- Covers specialist topics such as legal obligations and ethical responsibilities
- Highly illustrated with photographs, diagrams, tables, flowcharts and key points boxes
Gautam Biswas MD
Professor & Head, Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab, India