1. Epidemiology and Global Distribution of Melasma
2. Etiological Factors and Triggering Factors
3. Etiopathogenesis of Melasma
4. Clinical Features and Classification of Melasma, Wood’s Lamp, and Melasma Area Severity Index
5. Investigations in Melasma: Histopathology, Dermatoscopy, and In Vivo Reflectance Confocal
Microscopy in Melasma
6. Investigations in Melasma: Dermoscopy in Melasma
7. Photoprotection for Melasma
8. Hydroquinone Based Therapies for Melasma
9. Nonhydroquinone Based Therapies for Melasma
10. Oral Agents in the Treatment of Melasma
11. Chemical Peels for Melasma
12. Lasers for Melasma
13. Melasma and Quality of Life
14. Melasma in Men
15. Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation
16. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, Microneedling, and Mesotherapy for the Treatment of Melasma
17. Treatment of Melasma: Future Directions
Melasma is a very common patchy brown, tan, or blue-grey facial skin discoloration, almost entirely seen in women in the reproductive years (MedicineNet.com).
This new edition provides dermatologists with the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of melasma.
The book begins with discussion on epidemiology and aetiological factors, aetiopathogenesis, clinical features and classification, and investigation techniques, including dermoscopy.
The following chapters cover different treatment methods such as hydroquinone-based therapies, oral agents, chemical peels, lasers, and more.
The third edition has been fully revised and features a new chapter on post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
The book is highly illustrated with clinical photographs, tables and references, and includes an appendix providing a treatment algorithm.
- Fully revised, new edition providing latest advances in diagnosis and treatment of melasma
- Third edition features a new chapter on post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Includes appendix with melasma treatment algorithm
- Previous edition (9789352703517) published in 2018
Rashmi Sarkar MD MNAMS
Professor, Department of Dermatology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated KSCH and SSK College, New Delhi, India