1. Incretin Based Therapies: DPP-IV Inhibitors: Sitagliptin, Saxagliptin, Linagliptin, Alogliptin
2. Insulin Secretagogues: Non-sulfonylureas Glinides (Repaglinide, Nateglinide)
3. Incretin Based Therapies: DPP IV Inhibitors
4. Management of Dyslipidaemia in Diabetes
5. Chloroquine in the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
6. Colesevelam in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
7. GLP1 Agonists
8. Dopamine-D2 Receptor Agonists: Bromocriptine in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes
9. Glucagon-Like Peptide 1 Receptor Agonists for Type 2 Diabetes
10. Insulin: Pumps and CGMS
11. Insulin Sensitizers
12. Management of Type 2 Diabetes: A Patient-centered Approach
14. Drugs Targeting Renal Excretion of Glucose: SGLT2 Inhibitors
15. Second Generation Sulfonylureas: History, Pharmacology and Applied Aspects
16. Diabetes in the Elderly
17. Management of Hypertension in Diabetes
This book is designed to be a ready reckoner on commonly used medications for the treatment of diabetes mellitus.
Divided into 17 sections, topics include incretin-based therapies, insulin, chloroquine, metformin, colesevelam, drugs targeting renal excretion of glucose, management of dyslipidaemia, and more.
The book concludes with discussion on associated comorbidities such as hypertension and diabetes in the elderly.
Drug classes featured are all approved in-line with FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) guidelines.
Authored by recognised, US-based experts in the field, the comprehensive text is further enhanced by clinical photographs, diagrams and tables.
- Comprehensive guide to pharmaceutical treatments for diabetes mellitus
- Features approved drugs in-line with FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) guidelines
- Includes discussion on commonly associated comorbidities such as hypertension, and diabetes in the elderly
- Internationally recognised, US-based author team
Romesh Khardori MD Phd FACP FRCP
Professor, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Virginia; Endocrinologist, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Ved Vyas Gossain MD
Michigan State University, Michigan, USA